Friday, September 10, 2010

Heat From The Torch: The Newest BlackBerry

Are you posting about a BlackBerry Winny? Yes everyone, this is a post about technology NOT created by Apple. Even though I am an admitted Apple iDevice addict, I appreciate, play with, support and write about any interesting gadget. So stop your giggling so you can click on the great post by engadget that reviews the new BlackBerry Torch released this week. The Torch is BlackBerry's first touchscreen offering since the Storm 2.

Sporting a 3.2" capacitive touchscreen, 5 megapixel camera with flash, slide out keyboard and 4GB of flash memory, the Torch is an upgrade from the BlackBerry Bold and Tour. Other great features include 512MB of RAM, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), a microSD slot, GPS and Bluetooth 2.1.

I've yet to hold the Torch in my hand, but I'm very interested in what BlackBerry has done with the new BlackBerry 6 operating system that includes a new browser. In the past I've found BlackBerry web browsers to be a test of my patience, so I truly hope it's intuitive and snappy.

The Torch will run on the AT&T network, which means you can talk on the phone and use apps over 3G simultaneously. Look for the BlackBerry Torch at AT&T stores, Best Buy and AT&T online. For a closer look online, click here.

With a new innovative design, new OS, and a plethora of features packed into a small form factor, BlackBerry is working hard to regain market share lost to Apple and Android. Let's see how it sells.

Has anyone made the leap to check out the Torch? Please leave a comment and tell us how do you like it so far.

UPDATE: I touched a Torch. I dropped into an AT&T store and spent some time with a Torch. It's a snappy little device. I was pleasantly surprised by the browser's ease of use and responsiveness. The touch screen/keyboard combination is a nice touch; however, the keyboard is on the small side. Current BlackBerry owners will notice that this is not the keyboard they're used to seeing from BlackBerry. Even with the small keyboard, I think the BlackBerry Torch is a nice device. I'm interested to see what users think about the device and the voice quality.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment